In honor of a wonderful 2007, we wanted to share some of the highlights that made it one of the best years yet for DonorsChoose.org.
- We went national: We now serve every public school in the U.S. - any public school, anywhere, can submit a proposal. We have already funded projects in all 50 states.
- We were recognized:
- Fast Company Social Capitalist Award – 2nd year in a row
- Charity Navigator highest rating of 4-stars – 2nd year in a row
- TechCrunch Crunchie for “Most likely to make the world a better place”
- We delivered resources: Donors have supported over 1 million students to-date
- We got a shout-out: Craig Newmark of Craigslist and Stephen Colbert spoke about us on the Colbert Report, resulting in over $66,000 in donations to the "Colbert For President” challenge
- We benefited from holiday generosity: An amazing $3 million was donated during the holiday season, and 40% of the donations were given to others to spend as gift certificates!
Thank you to all who made 2007 so great!-------------------------------To subscribe to the blog via email, please click here.