For all projects fully funded in the 2009-2010 school year, teachers will be required to submit classroom photos digitally through their teacher accounts. We’ll update this blog space regularly with new information and tips for teachers who are making the transition to digital photos.WHY MAKE THIS CHANGE?By relying on digital photo submissions for 100% of projects, we’re ensuring that we can continue to serve teachers and donors effectively. Here’s how:
- We're aiming for a 30% annual increase in the number of fully funded projects. That would be great news! But it means we’ll need to process that many more Thank-You Packages for our teachers and donors. When teachers upload their own photos, it saves us about 1 minute per project—that translates to 921 hours of staff time in the 2009-2010 school year alone which can be redirected to other efforts that further our mission.
- Going 100% digital will save us $3.5 million over the next 5 years—money that will be used to support more classroom projects and help make our organization sustainable.
- With digital photo submission, all donors who fund a project – regardless of their donation amount – can view photos of the project in action.
WHAT IF I'M A TEACHER AND I'VE ONLY SUBMITTED NON-DIGITAL PHOTOS?For all projects fully funded in the new school year, you’ll no longer receive a Thank-You Kit from DonorsChoose.org. Your Thank-You Instructions will be available online, through your account page. On the Thank-You Instructions page for each project, you’ll be able to:
- Write your impact letter online;
- Digitally upload classroom photos of your students using the donated resources;
- View instructions to have your students write letters, and access a printable pre-paid mailing label to send us your student letters.
STAY TUNED FOR UPDATES AND TIPS TO MANAGE THE TRANSITION TO DIGITAL PHOTOS!