This year, DonorsChoose.org celebrates its 10th Anniversary and we want YOU to help us celebrate! Starting this fall, people across the country who love DonorsChoose.org will host “Education Celebrations” to inspire more people to support public school teachers and kids.We’re proud of our impact over the last ten years, but we know there’s still tremendous unmet need in our public schools. And we know that word of mouth is the main way people learn about DonorsChoose.org. We’re launching Education Celebrations to make it fun and easy for our supporters to help us spread the word!Education Celebrations can take any form – think potlucks, barbecues, house parties, happy hours, coffee shops, etc. All that’s needed is a group of people interested in learning how to make direct, immediate impact for students in need.We’ve put together a toolkit to help you plan an Education Celebration: - Education Celebration planning guide (PDF)- Instructions on how to track the impact of your event by creating a Giving Page on our site- Resources to help support your event:
- Talking Points (PDF) to describe DonorsChoose.org and the purpose of the event
- DonorsChoose.org Flyer (PDF) to share with guests
- Video (YouTube, 2:37 min) that tells the DonorsChoose.org story
- Slideshow of Sample Student Feedback
- Donation Instructions (PDF) to help guests easily navigate our site if you plan to encourage donations at the event
- Nametags (MS Word) with DonorsChoose.org logo, printable on Avery 74556 or any 2.25'' x 3.5'' nametag product
Have questions or ideas? Leave a comment on this blog post and we’ll get back to you!