The educators and supporters who use DonorsChoose.org create countless occasions to celebrate, and—when we're lucky—a camera is rolling to capture the moment. Here are 16 favorite videos from 16 years of memories shared by our teachers, donors, partners, and staff. (Prepare your brain for a delightful endorphin rush.)
16. When these kids reminded us what it's like to be surprised by a brand-new book of your very own.
This video made my day. Students at @PublicPREP in the Bronx get The Book With No Pictures thanks to @donorschoose https://t.co/OhxDq5aPc6
— B.J. Novak (@bjnovak) December 17, 2015
15. When Mashable got up close and personal with Charles Best, our founder (and a former public school teacher).
14. When a group of generous funders shared their #BestSchoolDay... and encouraged others to make every day great for public school students.
13. When this structure was still standing, baby.
5th graders complete the Quake Shake challenge #makerspaces @DonorsChoose pic.twitter.com/F9k3KnAFKQ— JRES Library (@jreslibrary) February 1, 2016
12. When Unifix cubes finally found their true calling: music.
G2 created visuals of dotted half note patterns with our new Unifix cubes thanks to @DonorsChoose pic.twitter.com/0W7ceKgOiM
— Stephanie Crawford (@LNESmusic) February 8, 2016
11. When VlogBrothers showed us what happens if you put a CD in the microwave.
10. When all we wanted was an invite to this party.
When I told my class our @DonorsChoose project was fully funded.. Can't wait 2 receive our STEM resources next wk! pic.twitter.com/786FrSx9pi— Carissa Holloway (@HollowayKids) February 11, 2016
9. When Carson Kressley discussed his favorite class. Also, cabooses.
8. When everybody went, "Wooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!"
#donorschoose project funded in room 20! #pproom20 #peachplains #happykids #mathliteracy pic.twitter.com/A02Qk1j0MX
— Amanda Tejchma (@mrstejchma) November 30, 2015
7. When we heard whatever these noises are.
@littleBits @DonorsChoose final iteration of classroom installation pic.twitter.com/YPHobb45mK— Mr. Chow-Miller (@CoachChowMiller) February 26, 2016
5. When we first met Walt, an amazing DonorsChoose.org teacher (and—little did he know—future Outreach Director).
4. When the package arrived.
Opening our #donorschoose project! Thank you @hellojenjones for your support! pic.twitter.com/sLxXalb82a— Lauren Tate (@PrimaryGazette) January 27, 2016
3. When we got the chance to show off our pipes.
2. When we found someone who likes to wiggle while they work as much as we do.
Thank you @DonorsChoose We love our #HokkiStools @CajonValleyUSD @MagnoliaCVUSD pic.twitter.com/qYur5l301P— Alissa Thomas (@TeacherAlissa) March 4, 2016
1. When these guys came into our lives. (Whatever they're reading, we want a copy.)
No matter how many toys we get for our #prek kids via @DonorsChoose, the books make the most impact. pic.twitter.com/MWUnDjxzIM— Pre-K 108 (@KinderTweet108) February 12, 2016
More videos.More endorphins.More history.More Walt.