Thanks to a $4 million dollar grant from the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, DonorsChoose.org offers high-school teachers at high-need (40% or more students eligible for free/reduced lunch) or rural schools half-funding for all projects to prepare their students for college and/or college level work!What’s Available and Who Qualifies
- Gates Foundation has given us a grant to match funding to your next classroom project request(s) to prepare students for college or college level work. Last year, 93% of projects that qualified for this Gates match offer were fully funded by donors who visited our site!
- If you are a full-time teacher at a high-need or rural public high school, you are eligible for this funding.
How Do I Get Started
1. First, log in to your teacher account on DonorsChoose.org (if you don’t have one, any public school teacher can sign up at www.donorschoose.org/teacher).
2. Once you’re logged in, submit one or more projects requesting materials to help prepare your students for college or college level work.
3. A few hours after your project is approved, you should see a Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation logo on your project. This means it has qualified for this offer and now has a great chance of being fully funded by the other donors that visit our site.
To see projects recently funded via this offer, visit https://www.donorschoose.org/donors/search.html?historical=true&keywords=college&&&gradeType=4To get started with submitting your own college prep project, log in to your account at www.donorschoose.org/teacher.