This holiday season, DonorsChoose.org is excited to celebrate #GivingTuesday – a day of giving at the start of the annual holiday shopping season.Everyone knows about “Black Friday” and “Cyber Monday”, events created by the retail sector to drive shopping. We’re excited to be part of the third annual #GivingTuesday. Today, companies, charities, online organizations, and community centers are encouraging people to get involved by volunteering for and giving to the causes they care about most.It’s easy to get involved with #GivingTuesday:
- Make a contribution to your favorite non-profit
- Volunteer for a cause that’s close to your heart
- Spread the word by sharing #GivingTuesday on your social media channels
Some of our corporate supporters are joining in this day of giving:
- KIA is sponsoring a $500,000 match offer supporting high-need classrooms in the communities where Kia operates and a $50,000 promo code. Enter KIAGIVES to see your donation matched on #GivingTuesday.
- NBCUniversal is supporting a $50,000 match offer on innovation and creativity projects in the classroom.
- Groupon is sponsoring a “$10 for $20 gift card” deal today only.
We hope #GivingTuesday will join the ranks of Black Friday and Cyber Monday and become an opening day to the giving season. Follow the movement on Twitter and Facebook.