Welcome back, teachers! We hope the renewed energy you’re feeling now carries you well into 2021.
While you’ve got the post-holiday boost, here’s what you can do right now to set up yourself (and your fellow teachers!) for the most seamless spring possible.
For Returning DonorsChoose Teachers: Refer a fellow teacher
Collaboration and idea-sharing will get all teachers across the finish line of this school year. Share your DonorsChoose successes with a fellow teacher and help them get started on their own request. When they create their first project on DonorsChoose, you’ll have unlocked two guaranteed donations — a $50 jumpstart for them, and a $25 credit to apply toward your own projects.
Sharing is caring! Here are 3 easy ways to share DonorsChoose at your school:
- Send a link to the completed project that had the biggest impact in your classroom along with a short explanation of its success. (Your thank-you note to donors works perfectly for this!)
- Share an idea from another teacher that inspires you – maybe one of these projects for teaching civics or bringing social-emotional learning to the classroom?
- Ask what one item would make the biggest difference for their students. Now that the wheels are turning, offer to show them how to make their classroom wish a reality!
For First-Time DonorsChoose Teachers: Post your dream project
During the month of January, we’re extending our warmest winter welcome of all — a $50 kickoff donation applied to your first-ever project plus a Teacher Friends & Family Code that will double all subsequent donations up until 7 days after your project is approved.
You know your students’ needs and motivators best, but if you need a brainstorming partner, a few experienced DonorsChoose teachers have volunteered their best project ideas for this unconventional school year:
- What teachers need for remote learning at every grade level
- Five things you can use for your students whether your school is in-person or remote
- Ideas to prepare for your classroom to go virtual
Inspired? Start your first project now!
And finally, a few back-from-break reminders for all teachers:
Projects are getting funded faster than ever.
Generous donors are flocking to the site to support teachers like you. Now is the perfect time to post a request and help a colleague post one, too!
Shipping is flexible.
Whether you’re teaching from home or from your classroom, your supplies can be sent right where you need them.
Your fellow teachers want to help.
For first-time advice or pro tips, the DonorsChoose teacher community has your back.
Whether you’re drafting your first or your fifteenth project, posting a request now will pay off in a big way — for everyone!